On this page are links to open solicitations, awarded contracts and other information useful to vendors.
The Department of Education values its relationship with its vendors. We believe that a fair, competitive process ensures value in our procurements. We take the concerns and issues of our vendors seriously as we believe our children benefit from a process that recognizes that vendors provide valuable products and services to our students and teachers.
Resources for Vendors (including forms)
- Bidder's List
- PASSPort (formerly VENDEX)
- W9 Form and Instructions (1099 and Account Administration addresses must be actual street addresses. PO Boxes will not be accepted).
- Foreign Vendor Questionnaire (PDF)
- Insurance Certification by Broker Form (PDF)
- Affirmation Form (PDF)
- Office of Equal Opportunity Contract Compliance Info & Forms (sign-in required)
- Doing Business Accountability Update Form & Renewal Request Form (The Data Form is to be returned to the Department of Education)
- Open DOE Solicitations
- The City Record Online
- Recent Contract and Grant Activity
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
By 11:59 pm on October 1, 2021, all DOE employees are required to provide proof that they have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination. DOE employees who do not meet this requirement will be removed from payroll on October 4, 2021. By October 1, 2021, DOE/City contractors must submit a Vaccine Certification to the DOE informing the DOE that their staff are in compliance with the mandate. DOE/City contractors and individual employees of DOE/City contractors can also submit proof of vaccination using the DOE’s Vaccination Portal, here: https://vaccine.schools.nyc using the guest option.
Additional individuals covered by this mandate include:
- All DOE volunteers, interns, and student teachers - may use the guest option of the DOE COVID-19 Vaccination portal to upload proof of status.
- City employees who work in-person in a DOE school, DOE building, or charter school, may use the guest option of the DOE COVID-19 Vaccination portal to upload proof of status.
- DOE/City contractors who work in-person in a DOE school, DOE building, or charter school must submit a Vaccine Certification to COVIDCertification@schools.nyc.gov
- Employees of any charter school, and contractors of any charter schools located in a DOE building who work in person in the building may use the guest option of the DOE COVID-19 Vaccination portal to upload proof status, but charter schools must maintain records of this information separately.
- Employees or contractors at any City-contracted childcare program (including PreK and 3K, Early Learn, Home-based childcare, programs serving young children with disabilities, afterschool programs, Beacon programs, and Cornerstone programs).
Please note that the NYCDOE does not provide medical exemptions and accommodations for contractors, vendors, consultants or any non-DOE employee.
All persons listed above who do not submit the required proof of vaccination will not be permitted to enter DOE buildings as of October 4, 2021.
Bidders List Update
Beginning in June, 2016, emails will be sent to vendors who have not updated their information in the Vendor Portal in the past 12 months. Vendors must follow the instructions in the email to remain on the Bidders List. Failure to respond will result in removal from the Bidders List. If you have updated your information in the Vendor Portal within the past 12 months you will not receive an email and your account will not be affected. For further assistance, please contact the Vendor Hotline at 718-935-2300 or by emailing them at email@example.com.
The Office of Federal and State Regulatory Compliance (OFSRC) oversees the DOE’s participation in the E-Rate program.
To report misuse of E-Rate funding please call 1-718-625-2682 or 1-888-203-8100, or visit the universal service administrative company whistleblower webpage.
Electronic Funds Transfer/Direct Deposit for Vendor Payments
We have always encouraged vendors to enroll to receive electronic payments rather than paper checks. New York City law passed in 2007 now REQUIRES participation in the program for most contracts, so if you have not signed up for electronic payments yet, please do so through the link below.
The New York City Department of Education is pleased to participate in a service offered by the Department of Small Business Services, called Contract Financing, which provides short-term, working-capital for upfront expenses such as insurance, labor, and equipment for Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises(M/WBEs) and other small businesses awarded contracts with the NYC Department of Education. Find out more about Contract Financing on the NYCBusiness website.
Invoicing Process: Accounts Payable Office
If your PO requires invoicing to Accounts Payable at 65 Court Street, Rm 1502, Brooklyn NY 11201, your payment is processed by DOE’s Accounts Payable Office.
The following only applies if your PO requires invoicing to Accounts Payable at 65 Court Street, Rm 1502, Brooklyn NY 11201. If your PO requires invoicing to another address, please see “Invoice Processing: All Other DOE Offices” below.
In connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Accounts Payable Office is moving towards electronic invoicing and will no longer accept paper-based invoices via mail. All invoices must be e-mailed to the Account’s Payables Office based on the location where products were delivered or services were provided. Where practicable, vendors must limit their submission to one file attachment, as a PDF formatted file with supporting documentation per invoice; e.g. a one-file attachment may include 50 pages (required documentation) in a single file. Vendors are to name the attachment and indicate the following on the subject line of the email: “Vendor Name, PO Number, and Invoice Number.” Vendors currently supporting the DOE by providing services or products in response to COVID-19 (e.g., remote art instruction to students), may add “COVID-19” to the subject line following the PO Number which may result in expedited payment.
Vendors that have submitted an invoice via regular mail are now encouraged to resubmit their invoice via e-mail in order to speed review and processing.
Vendors can submit their invoices to one of the following inboxes based on the school location where the service was rendered or product was delivered:
- Brooklyn Locations: BrooklynAP@schools.nyc.gov
- Bronx Locations: BronxAP@schools.nyc.gov
- Manhattan Locations: ManhattanAP@schools.nyc.gov
- Queens Locations: QueensAP@schools.nyc.gov
- Staten Island Locations: StatenIslandAP@schools.nyc.gov
Vendors should use the inboxes above for invoice submission only, all vendor inquiries should be sent to VendorHotline@schools.nyc.gov.
DOE will honor all commitments for products that have been delivered and services rendered. The Accounts Payable Office is currently operating remotely with a limited capacity and vendors may experience delays in payment until standard operations resume.
Invoice Processing: All Other DOE Offices
If your PO requires invoicing to an address other than Accounts Payable at 65 Court Street, Rm 1502, Brooklyn NY 11201, your payment may be processed directly by another office. Vendors with POs that require invoicing to another office should continue to submit those invoices as normal, unless contacted by that office to arrange for alternative electronic delivery of invoices.
Vendors who use Vendor Portal or EDI for invoicing should continue to submit those invoices as normal.
The following documentation is required in order to process payment. Please note that we are now requiring Proof of Delivery (POD) for all commodity deliveries until further notice:
- Invoice (Commodity Vendors & Professional Services)
- Vendor name, address, phone number and/or e-mail
- Invoice date
- Unique Invoice number
- Purchase order number
- Date of service or delivery
- Itemized list of services or items with unit price or service fee
- Credits if applicable
- Total amount due
- Payment remittance address
- Proof of Delivery (Commodity Vendors)
- Packaging Slip
- Tracking information from UPS, FedEx, USPS or freight carrier
DOE conducts business with an array of vendors who provide a variety of products and services. Payments will be issued to vendors with Certified Purchase Orders. Below are examples of additional documents that may be required per the vendor’s contractual terms and/or the type of products or services rendered. Please note there are other products and/or services beyond the list below:
|Commodities||Packaging Slip / POD|
|Food||Agenda & Sign-In Sheet|
|Trips/Admission||List of attendees|
|Professional Services||Scope of work, service dates & sign-in sheet|
Contractors are reminded that they remain bound by the terms and conditions of their contracts with the New York City Department of Education, including, but not limited to, their obligations pursuant to the payment and cost provisions.
The City of New York will provide relief for small businesses that are making less because of COVID-19. More information is available at:
For updates on Coronavirus, text COVID to 692-692. For Coronavirus preparedness tips and safety info, visit www.NYC.gov/coronavirus.
Timeliness of Payment
NEW: New York City has discontinued its extended time frame for processing payments to vendors to prioritize emergency purchases and services in response to the COVID relief effort. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org .